five

The past few days in Tainan has been great! I really like the city, it doesn’t rain as much as it did in Taipei, which makes me super happy. The food is still just as good, I have been going around to cafes, restaurants, and dessert shops all over the city. Just yesterday I went back to the beef soup place that I loved so much, and I got very delicious mango shaved ice with Kristin and Erin the day before that. Ive been going fabric shopping a lot more, I made a list of fabric that I needed for almost all my future project within the next half a year and got everything. I’m getting good at haggling prices down. I got some polkadot fabric for a coat, black cotton twill for some shorts than my sister and her boyfriend want me to make, and some other knick knacks like zippers and lace. 



The thing that has been occupying most of my mental energy has been my group project. We are making a clothing donation system for Tainan, then turning the clothes that are donated into a new product. Just to give a rundown on our design, we are making a little free library donation system to encourage donation in Tainan. We are planning to place them in more convenient places than they are now, closer to the city center. They will be made of cut up shipping container crates and have a take one leave one system to give incentive for donation. The clothes that aren’t used then get repurposed into new products like tote bags using Taiwanese tile style patchwork construction. I feel like we are designing a lot as we are almost designing three separate things: a donation system, a product, and a brand. I’m learning a lot through the process. My teammates form NCKU have a little trouble talking in English and understanding some of the terms we are saying so I am practicing my Chinese a good amount. It also is practice in communicating with people from other cultures in design settings. I am learning a lot of about how much detail truly goes into service design. Since our product has to consider so many stakeholders like us needing to make money, customers in the United States, and our labor, there is so much to consider. It feels like a giant puzzle to solve.






Comments

  1. I'm so glad that you got all your fabric supply for the next half a year!! I'm excited in seeing your group's project.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

one

four

three